Early Retirement Dude retired from the workforce over 12 years ago in the middle of a successful career in banking. His portfolio survived 2008 and he’s proof that early retirement is sustainable. In this episode we talk about crazy Wolf of Wall Street type banking stories, what it was liking pursuing financial independence before Mr. Money Mustache, what he’s been up to the past decade including the details behind being a reddit moderator, and why early retirement was so important for his family.
In this episode you will learn:
- Proof that early retirement is possible
- What it’s really like being a Reddit moderator for the financial independence subreddit
- Crazy stories about what it was like working in the financial industry pre-2008
- What life can be like once you hit financial independence
- How to deal with fear of missing out with coworkers after your retirement
- How early retirement can help you cope with unexpected personal family issues
**disclaimer: his opinions on being a Reddit mod are his and his alone**
- Daniel Suelo
- Financial Independence subreddit
- FatFIRE subreddit
- FIREY Femmes subreddit
- LeanFIRE subreddit
Join our private Facebook group to continue the discussion. It’s invite only.
Join the FIRE crew and change your life
Subscribe and get emails about new episodes of FIRE Drill Podcast.